Pages

About us

Robert is a computer 'geek' and I say that in the most affectionate way possible! He keeps our home network up and running. Right now he works for Convergys in Orem in their technical support department for Netapp. Rob has the most common sense out of anyone I've ever met. He also is one of the most 'creative' people I have EVER known. Within minutes of getting a 'new toy' he's got it taken apart figuring out how to 'maximize' it's potential.

Heather is a 'die hard' animal lover. Rob is VERY tolerant of her zoo. Right now she has 6 cats, 2 dogs, 5 birds, 1 RES Turtle, 1 Betta Fish, 1 Tank of guppies (see The Thompson Zoo) for more about their daily adventures. Rob is very understanding, and coming from a background of not really an animal lover other than birds, he's quite taken with them :) Heather works full time for her father at Camelot Pet Resort, Spa & Health Center in Bountiful, she is the Manager and Veterinary Technician. Heather is also an Independant Representative for several direct sales companies, she offers Gourmet Food, Scrapbooking, Pet Supplies, Candles and Natural Home Care products.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

What a wonderful day....

Our day began with Rob waking me up at around 7:30ish with a loud "HO HO HO, Merry Christmas", he said he'd been trying to wake me up for 1/2 an hour! LOL! I'm a HEAVY HEAVY sleeper. We went downstairs and noticed that Santa had been there...he'd eaten a bite of the cookie we'd left out for him. ;) We looked at and opened our stockings, I got a couple packs of earrings, we both got jolly ranchers, chocolate covered pretzel balls, thin mints, jelly bellys (sours & tropical), and a bananna. Then started the gift opening. Rob got the worlds 'smallest' remote controlled Helicopter from www.thinkgeek.com (if you have a person who loves gadgets and gizmos and an adult who loves 'kiddy' toys....I'd strongly suggest you visit this site) as well as a Carnivorous Plant Kit (venus fly trap), he'd been wanting both of those for quite some time. He also got a Cybook Book Reader (Digital Book Reader) from Santa, we both got one of those, they are AWESOME and actually look like a 'paperback' book on the screen. He also got an M&M's dispenser fortune teller (aka his new decision maker for work). He got an extra 2 Gig SD Memory Card for his new bookreader. He got some socks, then I got him some of his 'favorite' holiday traditions candies (lifesavers book, a pecan log). We both also got new computer keyboards as ours were both worn out. We also got a nice standing lamp for our Living Room...we are going to get another one as we like this one so well.

Rob got me a "Slanket' which is essentially a blanket with sleeves to keep me warm, yet 'functional'. It's really really cool! I am ALWAYS cold and Rob is ALWAYS making sure I am covered up. He's always so cute and 'tender' about it! He also got me a 'ped egg' as my feet are bad. I got a new electrical blanket, as mine has wires poking out of it and is no longer 'safe'. BUT I use it just about EVERY night, Rob sleeps with the window open essentially ALL YEAR ROUND! I also got some stamps for scrapbooking, a nice microplush robe, some slippers, socks, 2 really nice necklaces, 1 is a crystalish type with a cat in mother of pearl type stuff, the other is Cubic with 2 hearts intertwined as one. I also got a MUCH needed Coat, I only have a heavier type jacket, as I haven't boughten a coat since I got back from my mission in 2003. WOW has it really been that long? My new coat is AWESOME, definitely gonna keep me warm.

After we opened presents we called Rob's brother and sister and his mom. His sister Eva lives in Grantsville and told Rob she told her kids not to come because of the snow, I guess they were getting hit really hard out there. Where we used to live last year in West Jordan got 12" of snow and the power was out and roads were closed! The wind was blowing really bad out here around 20MPH and it was snowing, Rob had a bad feeling so we stayed home from Bountiful, both of us cried, we wanted our FINN & HADDY. Rob loves that! Which is saying a lot as he is NOT a fish person. We were watching Rudolph and fell asleep cuddled on the couch after that. We woke up, Rob played with his toys, we had leftover Chinese for lunch and then just surfed on our puters, and watched a couple more Christmas Shows. We watched The Christmas Card (tearjerker and VERY good show), and Chevy Chases Christmas Vacation. We spent the evening in each others arms just loving each other. Overall we've had the best Christmas yet that we've had together this year. The only thing that could have made it more perfect is if we were able to make it to Bountiful. We are planning on visiting Rob's mom and heading out to Bountiful on Sunday to deliver and get the rest of our presents.

We are truly grateful for this holiday season, and are in remembrance of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We have an ornament that one of the people Rob home taught made for him that has Jesus picture on it, at the top of our tree. Which helps us to remember the wonderful birth and life of our Savior.

I have pictures I will try to get them posted in the next day or so.

No comments: