Pages

About us

Robert is a computer 'geek' and I say that in the most affectionate way possible! He keeps our home network up and running. Right now he works for Convergys in Orem in their technical support department for Netapp. Rob has the most common sense out of anyone I've ever met. He also is one of the most 'creative' people I have EVER known. Within minutes of getting a 'new toy' he's got it taken apart figuring out how to 'maximize' it's potential.

Heather is a 'die hard' animal lover. Rob is VERY tolerant of her zoo. Right now she has 6 cats, 2 dogs, 5 birds, 1 RES Turtle, 1 Betta Fish, 1 Tank of guppies (see The Thompson Zoo) for more about their daily adventures. Rob is very understanding, and coming from a background of not really an animal lover other than birds, he's quite taken with them :) Heather works full time for her father at Camelot Pet Resort, Spa & Health Center in Bountiful, she is the Manager and Veterinary Technician. Heather is also an Independant Representative for several direct sales companies, she offers Gourmet Food, Scrapbooking, Pet Supplies, Candles and Natural Home Care products.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Rob & I's Courtship

I thought it would be cool to post some more information about Rob & I's courtship. He first emailed me from LDS Singles on December 18th, 2004 (also my mom's b-day). At first I wasn't going to respond as he didn't have a picture, and call me vain or whatever...but I liked to see their pictures. Then something just nagged at me and I responded to his email. He seemed like a nice guy, and we started chatting on AIM almost immediately.

Here are our profiles:
Mine: I am an RM, Active Church Member, Current Temple Recommend Holder, Honest, Up Front, Cute, Sweet & Fun to be with. Looking for the above + a man who honors his priesthood and respects me.

I'm just your average independant girl, looking for "Mr Right" my man tha tI can depend on , and one whom I can spend time & all eternity with. I love animals Dogs, Cats, Horses and they are a big part of my life, I have plans to become a Veterinarian, so I need someone who's not ot be intimated by a girl who will help bring home the bacon so to speak! I love to watch movies, go shopping but not in a crowd, read books, surf the web. I love the outdoors, hiking, camping...I'm game to try just about anything. I have a good sense of humor and love to smile! I've been told I have an hourglass shape, though it may not be perfect...but I'm working on it! I'm a brunette, with blue/hazel eyes which darken/lighten occasionally.

Rob's Profile:
What I want: I want to find someone to cuddle with while watching a movie. I would like to find someone to laugh with, life is too short to not throw your head back and laugh. It would be nice to find someone to share life's experiences with, it's up's and down's. To have someone help you when you stumble, and to be there for when they stumble.
I want to find somone to be friends with, and hopefully for it to one day move into more. I want to find someone that doesn't have a problem with me cooking for them. Someone that will let me pamper them on occassion, rub their feet, back etc. Someone that enjoys public signs of affection. Somone that can give and accept the little kindnesses in life. Someone that can enjoy the simple pleassures life has to offer:.
About Me:
I am a kind, caring, open, easy going individual with simple tastes. No caviar for me, sorry I (salty fish eggs, YUCK!) but I will try almost anything once, sometimes even twice. I enjoy learning about anything and everything, reading, music, bowling, watching movies, camping or basically anything in the mountains, picnics, BBQ's, and in the winter, I like to curl up with a good book. I love to cook (I'm actually quite good at it) and to do anything with my hands, from woodworking to arts and crafts to home repair (not every weekend though, ok?).
I enjoy a good conversation, if you don't communicate with people you will always go through life misunderstanding them.
I'm just as happy going to a museum or to a symphony as I am going to McDonald's or bowling. I am serious when life requires it, but I also know how to kick back and have fun and laugh, did I mention you have to laugh at life, did I mention that you have to laugh at life? I think I did, yup I said it right up there ^ :-)
My friends and family describe me as "Honest", "Fun", "Smart", "A Smart Alleck", "Kind", "Big Hearted", and "Learns Quickly" (from my own mistakes and other peoples.)
So send me an e-mail and say "Hi", you won't regret it. LOL I hope not anyway
-------------
So can you see what grabbed my attention? The perfect man :)

We chatted for 7-8 hours a night on AIM, we were having so much fun getting to 'truly' know each other. I would go into work so twitterpated and happy I thought my face would for permanent smiles. I started falling for him when he sent me the song "Restless" by Alison Kraus, he just thought it was a cool tune :) He never realized how really neat the words are:

Honey, I know you've been alone some, Why don't you 'phone some, 'cause I love you. An' honey, I know I've been away some, I've had to pay some and you have too. But the one thing I know: that when I, I turn out the light, Visions of you, dear, dance in the night. I've been put down, pushed around, apprehended and led downtown. An' I can't help it if I'm out of sight, 'Cause I'm restless tonight. I just can't stand bein' alone. Gonna have to change that some day. There's a restless feelin' in my bones an' I know, That at times, it just won't go away. So if it's all the same, honey, I can't take the blame, baby, I can't play your game, honey, what's true is true. And if, in the end, the temptation wears you thin, honey, I'll, I'll just pretend that I'll leave it up to you. But the one thing I know: that when I, I turn out the light, Visions of you, dear, dance in the night. I've been put down, pushed around, apprehended and led downtown. Can't help it if I'm full of fire. But the one thing I know: that when I, I turn out the light, Visions of you, dear, dance in the night. I've been put down, pushed around, apprehended and led downtown. An' I can't help it if I'm out of sight, 'Cause I'm restless tonight.

He didn't start falling for me until he got really really sick around New Year's Eve, he was chatting with several other girls online at the same time but I was the only one he missed chatting with for those few days. He lived in Kearns at the time and thought that Sunset was in southern utah, so after he got sick, he looked it up to discover it was only 50 Miles away. He decided to ask me out. I'll post more in another entry...this one is getting lengthy.....

No comments: