Pages

About us

Robert is a computer 'geek' and I say that in the most affectionate way possible! He keeps our home network up and running. Right now he works for Convergys in Orem in their technical support department for Netapp. Rob has the most common sense out of anyone I've ever met. He also is one of the most 'creative' people I have EVER known. Within minutes of getting a 'new toy' he's got it taken apart figuring out how to 'maximize' it's potential.

Heather is a 'die hard' animal lover. Rob is VERY tolerant of her zoo. Right now she has 6 cats, 2 dogs, 5 birds, 1 RES Turtle, 1 Betta Fish, 1 Tank of guppies (see The Thompson Zoo) for more about their daily adventures. Rob is very understanding, and coming from a background of not really an animal lover other than birds, he's quite taken with them :) Heather works full time for her father at Camelot Pet Resort, Spa & Health Center in Bountiful, she is the Manager and Veterinary Technician. Heather is also an Independant Representative for several direct sales companies, she offers Gourmet Food, Scrapbooking, Pet Supplies, Candles and Natural Home Care products.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

We got a new car today

As for us...well the past few days have been an adventure, having car issues. Started out with the oil light flickering on, so Rob ended up putting like 4 quarts of oil in it, and the dipstick was sludgey and just plain yucky....k we haven't been the best at changing the oil in it like we are supposed too....EXPENSIVE lesson learned (and getting lots of grief from Rob's brother about it). So the past few days there has been a clicking noise, had the oil changed yesterday and it made it worse...it sounds like a helicopter, or as I describe it a harley davidson. Rob had to baby it home from work yesterday going 35 on the freeway with flashers on, it was so loud when he got home it woke me up from a sound sleep....FYI, I sleep through nuclear bombs, I am such a sound sleeper. So hmmm...how am I going to get to work, who's going to cover if I can't get in...blah blah blah....the original plan last night was to take my car to Rob's brother in the morning and have him take me to work and look at it (he's a mechanic) but we decided we better not drive it but have it towed there eventually. Montess the receptionist at work was gracious enough to cover me at work today. Rob has a car, but it hasn't been driven in months, needs a new radiator, headlight, tune up, struts etc but it's really old like a 91 Taurus, so we figured we would try to get a loan for a new car. There is a place that is literally basically across the freeway from us that advertised 100% approvals on a lease to own basis, so my mom drove 30 minutes to take us there lol. We told them what we could afford and they gave us a few options on what car we could have. It was between a Ford Focus, Honda Accord, or PT Cruiser.....well the 2002 PT Cruiser won (it has less miles than my 2004 Chevy Malibu), but it smelled like antifreeze so they had one of their mechanics look at it, and it needs a new heating core, they knew we were desperate for a car so they offered us a loaner car (chevy cavalier) until they get the pt cruiser fixed hopefully monday or tuesday. Well Rob 'fits' better in my car (Chevy Malibu) as far as head room goes for comfortable driving, and I was wanting a 'mormon' mom van but not a van if that makes sense....a bigger car for lugging my dogs around lol....so Rob is going to take my Malibu (once it gets fixed) and I am going to have the PT Cruiser. Merry Christmas to us lol. It's basically all our christmas money for the down payment/1st month payment but you have to do what you have to do...we say we are going to keep our Christmas tree up till the end of January and have our 'christmas' with Rob's 2nd paycheck in January. We will have small things on Christmas day and I have 3 Secret Santas from 2 chihuahua groups and a golden retriever group so we will have that....oh the trials and tribulations of life....lessons learned.....have oil changed every 3000 miles, start christmas shopping sooner.... A VERY VERY big thank-you to my mom for coming to get us, an spending over an hour waiting for us at the dealer to make sure everything worked out well.



2 comments:

Mike said...

I like it! Nice!

PETERSON FAMILY said...

Awesome car! I love those things, Matt and i drove one on our honeymoon in FL and we loved it. Have fun.