Pages

About us

Robert is a computer 'geek' and I say that in the most affectionate way possible! He keeps our home network up and running. Right now he works for Convergys in Orem in their technical support department for Netapp. Rob has the most common sense out of anyone I've ever met. He also is one of the most 'creative' people I have EVER known. Within minutes of getting a 'new toy' he's got it taken apart figuring out how to 'maximize' it's potential.

Heather is a 'die hard' animal lover. Rob is VERY tolerant of her zoo. Right now she has 6 cats, 2 dogs, 5 birds, 1 RES Turtle, 1 Betta Fish, 1 Tank of guppies (see The Thompson Zoo) for more about their daily adventures. Rob is very understanding, and coming from a background of not really an animal lover other than birds, he's quite taken with them :) Heather works full time for her father at Camelot Pet Resort, Spa & Health Center in Bountiful, she is the Manager and Veterinary Technician. Heather is also an Independant Representative for several direct sales companies, she offers Gourmet Food, Scrapbooking, Pet Supplies, Candles and Natural Home Care products.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Sacrifices or Investments?

"You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." --Gordon B. Hinckley

What wonderful words of wisdom! It seems like lately there have been a lot of sacrifices here.
As Rob and I have been facing his difficult health challenges, we are very blessed to have a skilled Dr, whom when I think about it, I believe I was 'lead' to him, as I didn't really get a recommendation for him just was checking out the list of 'approved' providers near our house, and The Alpine Clinic was one of the closest to our house and they had a picture of their doctors on the website (always a bonus you know :) . But I honestly believe we were lead there, it just felt right. When I called to make my first appointment they wanted to make sure I knew they were more 'natural' as opposed to conventional medicine. Fine by me, Rob calls me the 'supplement' queen.

Without this doctor, Rob may have died in his sleep. We have been going to another Dr for 4 years, as well as Rob had been seeing him before, I don't think he took Rob serious. We found out today that his oxygen levels drop so low at night he's VERY lucky. Talk about a scary thought. We will find out just how low they are on Monday when we go in for his consult with the Sleep Clinic. We have been working with the home health care place and our Dr. since Wednesday trying to get the Oxygen delivered as they want him on it right away. Well Rob was a little late to work today as they were having a potluck and he was making a hamburger gravy for the baked potatoes, they called while he was making it and the driver was in the area and was just going to stop 'just in case' someone was home as they were so concerned about it. So he will start on oxygen at night tonight. I'm hoping it will help him sleep better, so that he may wake up renewed and refreshed instead of tired all the time. He is still continuing to do well with his weight loss, he said yesterday that he didn't have to 'stretch' out his pants like he normally does after they are washed! YEAH! He also had to put a new notch in his belt to make it smaller! I am so incredibly proud of him!

I pray that we will be able to get him healthier so he may be around for a long time to come...long enough to see his Grandkids go on Missions! First we have to have kids, but I think I know now why we haven't been blessed with them yet, we need to get Rob's health issues under control first. I'm crying as I write this, it's like I'm being told by the spirit what is the 'plan' for our future, and what lays ahead. Goodness, I know that may sound weird but wow, I'm overwhelmed at the moment. He works in mysterious ways!

No comments: