Pages

About us

Robert is a computer 'geek' and I say that in the most affectionate way possible! He keeps our home network up and running. Right now he works for Convergys in Orem in their technical support department for Netapp. Rob has the most common sense out of anyone I've ever met. He also is one of the most 'creative' people I have EVER known. Within minutes of getting a 'new toy' he's got it taken apart figuring out how to 'maximize' it's potential.

Heather is a 'die hard' animal lover. Rob is VERY tolerant of her zoo. Right now she has 6 cats, 2 dogs, 5 birds, 1 RES Turtle, 1 Betta Fish, 1 Tank of guppies (see The Thompson Zoo) for more about their daily adventures. Rob is very understanding, and coming from a background of not really an animal lover other than birds, he's quite taken with them :) Heather works full time for her father at Camelot Pet Resort, Spa & Health Center in Bountiful, she is the Manager and Veterinary Technician. Heather is also an Independant Representative for several direct sales companies, she offers Gourmet Food, Scrapbooking, Pet Supplies, Candles and Natural Home Care products.

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Verdict is in....

I broke my finger! Just got back from the Dr. He looked at the X-rays an it took him a while to find it, but I have an oblique angled fracture in my pinkie finger that is already starting to heal so probably happened about 2 weeks ago or so. It's lined up right and everything because of the angle, but the inflammation my dad was seeing on the xray is the new osteoblasts that are forming. I also apparently sometime broke my middle finger on that hand too as there is noticeable changes on that finger as well. I'm thinking I injured/broke my pinkie finger when I fell down the stairs a few weeks ago.

I confused the heck out of his assistants trying to give my history...lets see I fell around the first of the year 3 times in one week, gave myself a concussion, so my dad x-rayed to make sure nothing was fractured, then last week I had a bruise but my middle finger hurt to move so we x-rayed again, and noticed the pinkie, then Saturday my cat bit me, but that's already healing and taken care of so we are just here for the pinkie finger bone :) I think they were ready to boot me out the door. Anyways I'm relieved that it wasn't anything more serious. I guess now I can say that I've broken a bone before as I've never had a broken bone.

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

Glad you found out so you don't have to worry. Brandon thought the same thing. He thought the x-ray was at a hard angle to see a fracture, but the change between the two looked like a fracture healing. It is amazing how our bodies just keep going despite all that isn't functioning exactly how it should!

Unknown said...

Thanks DeAnne. That was one of the ruleouts my dad had, but I didn't recall breaking it, just 'spraining' things in one of my many falls...my dad and I actually found another fracture on it today, so I fracture my finger (phalange) and my hand (metacarpal) bone. OUCH!